How To Get Your Business on Google
If you are the owner of a business and you want to get more customers and sales opportunities by increasing your business visibility, then adding your business to Google is a great way to to be able to make a connection with them, and to grow a successful business. By knowing how to get your business on Google, you can make your business searchable via Google Maps. This will allow customers to find your workplace and bring in more customers for your business.
Adding your business to Google also gives your business a sense of legitimacy as the customers can get to know whatever details they wish to know through Google.
So, if you have a business, be it big or small, getting it on Google is an essential step in making more profits and sales. This is why, today we will be dealing with how to get your business on Google.
Here’s all the steps involved in how to get your business on Google, and claim ownership over it to control the business page:
How to Add your Business To Google
First of all you need to create a My Business account on Google for your business. To do this, go to the My Business homepage on Google. From there click on “Create Account” and fill in the details like business name, address, contact number and other things. Once you click on Submit, your business’ account will be created.
After you get your My Business account, follow these steps to get your business on Google.
- Navigate to Google’s My Business site and log in with your My Business account.
- Enter the details for your business like business’ name and address into the search bar and select “Add your business”.
- The next step is to decide and choose whether your want your business’ location to publically appear on Google Maps.
- Add the details for your business category. If you are unclear about your business category, type a related keyword into the box and see what comes up.
- Next, you will be asked to verify your business. In order to verify your identity to Google, you can choose one of the following ways:
- Through Mail: A physical postcard containing a verification pin will be sent by Google to your business‘ physical address. You can use this pin to verify your identity online.
- By phone: Google will contact you through a phone call, and provide a verification code over the phone call. However, this is available only for certain businesses.
- By Email: An email will be sent by Google with the verification code. Again, this facility is available only for certain businesses.
- Bulk Verification: If you have your business’s branches at over 10 locations, you’ll need to submit an extra form to get them all verified at once. For doing this, when you click “Get verified,” click on “Chain” afterwards and enter all the info. It will take Google up to a week to process your verification request.
- Once the verification is done, all you need to do is up your Google My Business page to complete the process and get your business listed on Google.
These were the steps you need to take when you want to know how to get your business on Google and build a strong online presence for your business. We at Wolony can help your business to get a strong online presence with the help of our digital marketing strategies. Contact us today to know more..